Translate

Wednesday 21 January 2015

Sanctuary

There have been some gorgeous Mood Boards out this month that tie into serenity, beauty, inspiration and solitude. Lucky for me I live in a very tranquil place, a small tourist town in Northern Ontario Canada. What some people pay good money for I have right up the street! I couldn't help but scrap my favorite place to be. 
Welcome to lake Muskoka. Pull up a chair, grab your favorite book and a glass of wine and you're all set! Of course to scrap one of my favourite places I had to use one of my favourite paper companies Maja Design! Vintage Summer Basics 1946, Vintage Spring Basics 2nd of March, Vintage Spring Basics 4th of April, Klippark Bokstaver.
I used my silouhette to cut out the infamous Muskoka chairs that you will find on every dock in the area as well as a huge one at the entrance to Gravenhurst, the gateway to Muskoka. I also used lots of Dusty Attic in this layout! Here you can see the chicken wire panel, Birds a Field and Grass Border#1. Of course a Prima resin fits perfectly!
 
 I used the letters from Maja's Walking in the Forest line (Klippark Bokstaver). Sadly my alignment is off (just got new glasses and believe it or not I am getting used to seeing again lol!) but you get the idea. I tried to fix them but paper started ripping and I decided it wasn't worth ruining the layout for.
 
A close-up of a flower cluster. I used Dusty Attic's Grass Cluster #2 for this side. I added gold microspheres from 13 Arts to the tops. A little stamping with the Prima's Seashore stamp and a few blooms from Prima & Petaloo.
 
 Close-up of the micorspheres.
Close-up of my second Muskoka chair.
Last photo showing my Dusty Attic Mini Bird #3. I love how well Dusty Attic goes with Maja papers. The little stamp says it all Breeze St.!

 I decided to enter this in both the Dusty Attic January Mood Board
 as this is my tranquil place on the water and Maja Design's Mood Board as this is the ambience I am searching for this year! Calm!
Much to do, more layouts, work and a special little girl has a Birthday coming up so shopping! Have a great day! All the best! :)


13 comments:

  1. Ooh - this is so Gorgeous! You absolutely captured both Mood Boards. Looks and sounds like a wonderful place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a chance to join us at Dusty Attic....this is such a perfect take on our challenge! That scene you have set looks fabulous & serene & I'd looove to step right into the picture....& those microbeads on the chippy look WONDERFUL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An absolutely stunning layout!! I love, love, love everything about it!! Thanks for playing along with us at Dusty Attic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW This is very tranquil and I just love the vibe from this layout

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh my gosh!!! This page is a stunner Pam!!! I have to agree, you live in such a beautiful part of Ontario! I just love the way you've decorated your chippies, the micro beads on the tall grasses looks amazing! I find myself scrolling up just to absorb more of the beauty of this page!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I just LOVE this,it makes me want to be sitting in the chair. Stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorrrgeous layout! I adore all your details, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, amazing, great detais!
    Love it!
    tks for playing with us at Sketchabilities
    xx
    Leila

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely and serene page, Pam!! Love how you found the perfect chipboard chairs to pair with your wonderful photo!!
    ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracey but the chairs are actually diecut with my silhouette!

      Delete
  10. What a great blog !, and I became a follower. Thanks for commenting my LO for SAWT - Congratulations on your beautiful work

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous Pamela. I feel relaxed just looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such an amazing scene you have created Pam. I love all the elements added especially the chairs are so fabulous. Saying a huge thanks for visiting my blog and leave some love. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete