Translate

Sunday 10 July 2016

Live in the Moment

It has been quite sometime since I've actually done a layout for myself. If you recall I am revamping my scrap room. This process is still going on believe it or not but I missed scrapping itself so I pushed the mess in the corner for today and worked on this. This is a photo taken at my wedding. It was our first dance. I love how the photographer was able to manipulate the picture to just have the brilliant green in the windows and everything else black and white.
I used the LE kit from My Creative Scrapbook (June) which featured Blue Fern's Tranquility papers. I used patience for my background as I love the ferns and bird in this so much. Plus the fact that since I married hubby after 15 years together I've required a great deal of patience! 
The kit came with this gorgeous Blue Fern chipboard called Dangle Border. I primed it with some Gesso then simply embossed it with this neat embossing powder I found in the store the other day called Shabby White from Stampendous. I love the vintage effect! I also used a Blue Fern Stamp called Old Lace and stamped underneath it and heat embossed some Spring Sparkle Blue onto it (also from Stampendous) to highlight the blue tone on the paper.
 
I die cut some palm leaves to go with the paper and used a variety of things from my stash to embellish the page. Here you see a Prima heart from the Salvage District collection and the subtitle Together as well. The brown flower is also from Blue Fern and the white one is from Dusty Attic.
More gorgeous Prima and Dusty Attic flowers. The little key is also from the Salvage District line. I used a new stencil from Prima that was also included in the kit for my background and then went over the molding paste with Prima's Art Alchemy Acrylic Paint in Green-Gold. I did a bunch of splattering with various colors from Shimmerz and some Gesso. That's it!  
Some of the mixed media products I used on this project. I also used Dusty Attic paint for the background called Forest.

That's it for today. I hope to do a few more projects whilst cleaning out this abomination of a room! Wow I had no idea how much stuff was in here!! lol And yet she orders more!! :) Hope to see you soon! 
All the best! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment