Translate

Sunday 16 June 2019

Smile- Blue Fern Studios (I am home again)

As many of you know I had to undergo a pretty major surgery. The name of it is C2-T2 Laminectomy, decompression of spine, fusion. In English speak it means they screwed my head onto my shoulder lol. Actually more fused my head to my back using steel rods. It was an experience" that I hope never have to go thru again. I want to thank the wonderful staff at Toronto Western for their care and for all the staff at St.John's Rehab for their unwavering support. 

I am back on my feet! I am not going to lie the road back has been a very painful and arduous one but with the un-relentless support of my family I am making my way back to me. I will be a little slow on the scrapping and I hope you can bear with me as I fight to regain the physical strength and control I once possessed.
With that being said let me show you my first layout since coming home using the BRAND NEW line from Blue Fern Studios called RADIANCE!
This layout is called smile. This collection is full of brilliant pinks, yellows and blues. I used Luminosity and  Effervescence as my main page. I cut the Luminosity paper and rolled it into pleats. Then I used Effervescence to fill in the space.
I applied a coat of clear gesso on my background to prepare it for any mediums I might use. Then used a Prima stencil to add the bubbles. I wanted to carry the bubble theme from the photo into the layout. I colored the bubbles lightly with Shimmery Goodness mixed with a Iced Pear Gelato. You can also see here a chipboard butterfly from the PetiteFrame and Butterfly set and embossed it with the Bubblegum pink embossing powder.
I took a small frame from the chipboard collection and cut it in half to make it work more. I heat embossed it with the new Radiance Gold embossing powder. I then used some Lillies from the Radiant Blooms collection and a bright pink bloom from the Dark Tropic Lilly Collection and added them on each side with another small bloom from the set to finish it off. I used the new Scripted Medley Stamp for my background. I love this stamp!!
Another close-up of the blooms and another tiny butterfly embossed in Radiance Pink embossing powder.
Last photo is of my title. I used an Ephemera circle with the sentiment smile on it! Worked perfectly for me!
Believe it or not this took me quite awhile as I am struggling with the simple things like sitting using my arms, reaching ,name it but  I shall not give up. I will do my best to continue to be here for you every month!
All the very Best! )


Products Used

Paper
Effervescence
Luminosity
Bonjour

Stamps
Scripted Medley

Embossing Powder
New Pink
New Gold
Bubblegum Pink

Flowers
Radiant Blooms
Dark Tropic Lilly



No comments:

Post a Comment