Translate

Sunday 28 February 2021

Love you

 Hi there! It's been awhile. I've been sort of in the dulldrums lately. I think that being house bound is starting to take it's toll on me and I am praying that the vaccine gets to our area soon! In the meantime I have a new layout today.

This is my adorable grandson Hudson on his first Birthday. I always seem to struggle with boy pages. I have become so used to scrapping my daughters and granddaughters that when it came to boys I would put it off. Fortunately I find it so much easier when I am following a sketch and the papers from 49 & Market are so versatile it was easy!

This was the sketch I used.
I used the die cut sheet from Vintage Artistry Everyday collection and used the orange flowers as part of my embellishments. I also used the leaves from the Blue Raspberry Sugar Petals to add some more dimension.
For my title I used a piece of Blue Fern chipboard (love) and embossed it with orange. I then used a rubon from the Everyday collection for the word you. You can also see here how I took some Art Stones from Prima and sprayed them with some Afternoon Denim Delight from Lindys Stamp Gang for more texture.
I did the same in the opposite corner of the page. For my background I primed my page with clear gesso. I then used my Tim Holtz Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide ink pad and added color to the background then stamped over it with black archival ink.
I made my own frames and hand stitched them in different colors to match my color scheme of blue and orange.
Another close-up of my little cutie.
My last close-up. I also used a few of the little bead die cuts from the die cut sheet from the Wedgewood collection for fun. The blooms are also from 49 & Market.

I really enjoyed doing this layout and now have to catch up on years of photos for all three of my grandsons!

In the meantime stay safe!

All the best! :)




1 comment: