Translate

Saturday 22 December 2012

Merry Christmas-Memories

Well it's almost here! The one day of the year where we prepare for days, weeks, months ahead of time for that special time where all else is put to the side and family and friends come together to celebrate life. I did this layout for my mantel this year. One of my favourite things are the ornaments on the tree that have special meaning for us. Hung with almost reverance I can sit in the dark room with my tree lit up and just stare and take it all in for hours. Each ornament a memory from days gone by.
The bird ornament decorates my sister's tree and I fell in love with it the minute I saw it. And every year I take a picture of it. The carosel is a Noma ornament that turns. It was my very first Noma and each year I would by a new one. Now they don't make them anymore :( I guess I'll have to start making my own!

I love my Dusty Attic and use it on almost every layout. I primed these music notes with Gesso and then spray painted them gold to make them pop.
I used Bo Bunny's Father Christmas papers for this layout. I stitched around the page with black and metallic thread to add that extra shine.

I used a sketch I saw on the Ces't Manifique site and loved the trees and banner. This page commemorates 2012.

I sometimes like to bunch up the paper in the corners of my layouts and fill them in with flowers and what not. Some of these embellies are years old and I thought it long past time that I used them!
A little bling from Basic Grey and one last shot. . .
I would like to wish everyone and very Merry Christmas and good cheer through the holidays (be safe!). I would also like to send out my prayers to the families of the victims from the terrible tragedy that occurred at Sandy Hook School in Connecticut. You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers, my heart breaks for you. I have a grandaughter in Kindergarden and when I think, well I can't even bear to think I get tears in my eyes. May the angels be with you now and always as you struggle to come to terms with your loss. I will be lighting 26 white candles this Christmas for you. God Bless-Pam Ellis


No comments:

Post a Comment