Translate

Friday 11 January 2013

My Beloved-MCS Creative Sketches


This is the December skecth over at My Creative Sketches.
And this is my interpretation of it.

This is a photo of my friend Andrea and her new daughter Olivia. I used the Domestic Goddess line from 7 Dots, I just love the colors of this line!

I used the new Wall Clock #2 (DA0731) from Dusty Attic. I painted it with Gesso and then lightly went around the edges with Aged Mahogony distress ink from the Tim Holtz line and then brought out the clock arms and numbers with a distress marker in the same color. To enhance the clock I embossed a stamp design underneath and inked the area with the Aged Mahogony.

I used the Decorative Scroll #1 from DA (DA0213) to frame the picture and add the circle element of the sketch. Again I painted it with Gesso and then repainted it with Baby Pink Acyrilic paint. I then gently brought out the edges using a brown chesnut roan ink then stamped it gently using a word punch in black. I had to be careful when inking and painting this piece as the edges become quite fragile when moist.
I used a mixture of Prima and Petaloo flowers to embellish and one of my new favourite things from the Junkyard Findings line a little light bulb saying cute. The little flower stems were bought at the dollar store.
Again more Prima and Petaloo flowers along with the dollar store stem and the adorable little zipper end is from the Ingvild Bolme Junkyard Findings line from Prima aren't they adorable! With this page I was really in the mood to play with paint and inks so I did some background masking using a Prima mask then outlining the masked area with a fine tip black marker. This is the last piece of DA I used called Mini Birds #3 (DA0727) again painted with Gesso and highlighted with some ink. The brads were from my stash and are years old. I also did some embossing on this side using a flower stamp and pink ink just to try to make things more interesting.
And the last picture of the title My Beloved. Are Prima letters placed on a shaped chipboard piece that was also painted and inked. Below it I used a Prima stamp to stamp the word forever on it to bring out the title more. This also shows all the masking I did (went a little crazy but had fun!) That's it fpr this entry hope you enjoyed and TFL!




3 comments:

  1. This a is a solute lay breath taking! Beautiful take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at MCS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a page from a fairytale book. So very lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so very beautiful! Love everything about it, right down to that precious photo! Thanks for playing along with MCS!

    ReplyDelete