Translate

Monday 11 March 2013

Eye Candy-My Creative Scrapbook

On a recent trip home to Cambridge I decided to check out a few of my old haunts downtown one of them being Reids Candy Store. This store has been part of my life since I was little and won their Easter coloring contest at the age of six. (Yes I still have the stuffed bunny!) I wanted to keep an album for myself to remember these things as I rarely go back to Cambridge since my mom passed away. One of the things I love about Reids is that they have the most gorgeous displays set up in their store. I happened to drop by during Valentine's week! This is just one of their gorgeous displays.
I enjoyed using my new Prima Mask (hollyhocks I believe) that I bought at the Art House in Cambridge while I was down there hunting out KarenEllis! Lucky for me the Art House sits right beside Reids Candy store! Can you say heaven? :) All day scrapping with bon bons beside you on the table! Unfortunately for me Karen was out of town but I'll be back! I used a light molding paste and then lightly inked them to imitate the design around the owl centre piece.
I used my Bo Bunny stamp and made a couple of owls to peek out around the picture as the base for the candy design pack was a ceramic owl. I also handstitched around the page just to add a little more color.

A closeup of the flowers I made using paper from the kit. This was the LE kit from Febraury. I loved the chipboard elements that came with this kit!
Another cose up with more chipboard and flowers from Prima and Green Tara.
I cut the bow with my cameo using paper from the kit and the letters are Thickers. I punked the little heart from the main Kit :)

Again I used the chipboard to make a litttle banner for the top right corner.
There will be more posts on Reids as I took quite a few shots of their displays. My daughters refuse to go out with me because I am always carrying my camera with me and taking shots of things I like. Apparently I look like a tourist and it's embarrassing! LOL That's okay when they stay home I save money! Well so far it's been a great day and I'm off to finish a layout for MCS Creative Sketches Challenge! Have a great day hope this week is good to you! TFL! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment