Translate

Monday 6 January 2014

Christmas Morning Swilrydoos Sketch Challenge

 This is a layout I did for the Swirlydoos Sketch Challenge. The picture was taken at dawn on Christmas Morning by my daughter when she got up to feed my grandson. It just gorgeous here after a fresh snowfall! 
This was the sketch I worked with.
 I couldn't help playing with the background colors a bit but the biggest pic is the actual true dawn shot! I used the December kit Joyeux Noel from Swirlydoos with its gorgeous mix of Kaisercraft & Bo Bunny papers. I used Dusty Attic Christmas Trees #2 for this layout. First I painted the trees gold then added Gold Ferro also purchased from Swrilydoos last year when I was trying to do my advent calendar. I love Ferro it gives such texture and life to the chipboard. I didn't have any flocking left so I used moulding paste to add snow to my trees. The green trees were stamped out onto the Coredinations cardstock that came with the kit and just cut out.
Here is another close-up of the trees. I also used a Prima stencil and added two clocks to the page mostly to keep up with both the time of year and the time of morning. Love this mask!!
I used the ribbon on the kit to outline my circle. To the left I did some stencilling work with moulding paste and the Art is stencil from Crafter's Workshop. I stamped out the two birds also using the Viva stamps that came with the embellishment kit and fussy cut them. The little sprig is from Petaloo and also a part of the add-ons.
I used my Silhouette to cut out the title and then went over it with stickles to make it sparkle.
 
It has been some time since I've blogged anything.The holidays this year overtook me! I baked cookies for days almost a full week from morning until midnight to fill the numerous tins I had to fill. Every family member gets one and now friends and colleagues are asking so my list grows each year! I make six different cookies with one "cookie try out of the year". If they like it the cookie is added to the list for the following year.
 
 I've had company for almost three solid weeks and have cooked my brains out! And then it was just the little ones and trust me they can be just as much work lol! We were forced to stay in due to the bitter cold weather -37 during the day really?! So we built a lego house, played monster barbies, watched movies, made cookies and at times needed time outs. Today is my first day alone! Shsh! Hear that? No? Good that's my solitude returning!
 
 I have goals for this year one of them being to blog more often and get more layouts done. (I have the tendency to take on things that distract me from scrapping). I want to really get out there this year! Do more, try more and be seen more! lol So expect to see more! I hope that this year is an awesome one for all of you as well. All the best! :)
 


1 comment:

  1. VERY lovely trees and those photos! Super cool! I really enjoyed this page!

    ReplyDelete