Wednesday, 9 July 2014

OUR TIME -Dusty Attic July Sketch Challge

I'm back! Wow feels like forever since I've posted a layout but I have been crazy busy working and this past weekend I had my entire family here, well 4 out of 5 daughters, 3 boyfriends and three grandchildren. They spent the weekend to celebrate my granddaughter Emily's 5th Birthday. Man can they eat! My fridge lay bare and can stay that way now lol. I am exhausted from working then running home and cooking.  I finally received my shipment of Maja Design papers from the Funkie Junkie Boutique and was really excited about doing some of the fall pics for the Kisses for Keaton album. At the same time I wanted to try out a Dusty Attic challenge because the two go together so well and here is the result OUR TIME.
I used the Walking in the Forest line from Maja Design and it matched the photo perfectly! And this is the sketch that I had to work with.
 For the border on the sketch I used a fence(DA0440 Ornate fence). I did the usual primer with Gesso then painted it with Tauping You'll Call from Shimmerz Paints. I then went over it again with Tim Holtz's Walnut Stain. I was trying to get the same effect as the fence in the photo but I have a long way to go!
You can see above I used a 12 by 12 mask and some Moulding Paste to fill in a bit of dead space.  My circle element (below) is the ever so popular skeleton clock from Dusty Attic. For the flower part above the circle I tried to be different and used leaves  (DA0897 Vine Corner) instead given that it's a fall photo and all!
Again I used Gesso and painted the whole piece then dried it with my heat gun. I then went over it with an Olivey green from Viva Decor but it came out too dark. Finally I ended up stamping it with a leaf stamp and used a lighter green embossing powder and heat dried it. Went over the skeleton clock with Luminarte Silks in apricot nectar then sanded it down to look worn. 
I hand stitched around 2/3 rds of the pagewhich you can see a little of on the right. My flower blooms are a mix of Prima and Petaloo flowers and the bling is from ZVA. You can see here how I cut the Vine chipboard and moved some pieces to a different spot.(Didn't want to waste it!)
A close-up of the flower cluster to the left of the photo. Here you can see a piece of Maja paper I cut explicitly for the leaf design. I used it as a secondary border just under the fence.
Last but not least a close-up of a little bird I fussy cut from one of the papers in the line. A few papers in the line have great images for fussy cutting!

Well that's it for today. I am dreading the inevitable task that lays before me in the form of a trashed scraproom. Yes it is relatively new and yes I have tons of storage but I have accumulated quite a bit more and need to reassess and move things around. Maybe even break down and buy some shelves! This will be a work in progress but for now back to the scrap table for a new layout before its back to work on Friday. All the best! :) And!!!!! Look for a giveaway here next month! :)


  1. WOW This is stunning, I love all the texture you have added, such a great layout :)

  2. Really stunning Pam, love all the details!