Translate

Sunday 19 November 2017

Breeze St.

This month at 7Dots Studio they have an awesome challenge on one of my favorite subjects, sunsets and sunrises. I couldn't resist!
 This is a canvas I did to showcase a photo I took while on holidays this past September on the East Coast of Canada, more specifically Prince Edward Island. I couldn't believe the beauty of the sunsets on the ocean. For some reason I found then so vibrant and stunning. Sadly you can't really experience the beauty from such a small photo but trust me it is a vision I will carry in my memories forever!
This is the challenge board from 7Dots Studio. You can find them Here.
And now for some closeups!
A closeup of the photo. The frame is a Prima resin which I primed with white gesso then misted with Lindy's Stamp Gang mists in Tea Pot Purple and Peggleg Pete.
I used a ton of 49 & Market flowers to embellish this canvas! Also used lavender Prills I got these and the flowers from the wonderful Scrapbook Diaries Store! The seashells are from the coast! I used papers from Thoughts Keeper, All I Ever and Love is in the Air. Ironically all the diamond shapes on the background were cut from these papers but then I realized my design wouldn't work so I had to cover them up :(
I used a Tim Holtz glass bottle with some sand from the beach in P.E.I. I wanted this canvas to carry some of the actual elements of the coast line.
Another flower cluster. I used a Prima stamp for both my title and to stamp randomly on my background.
Another element from the beach. I painted the two large seashells with the gorgeous Art Alchemy paint Dark Velvet from Finnibar.
I used some Dusty Attic chipboard grass clusters to embellish the bottom of the canvas. I misted the outer frame with Dark Chocolate Truffle mist from Lindy's then rubbed on some purple mica powder. 
This is an inverted canvas so I did the outer frame with texture paste in clear crackle to get a more weathered look. The dots were made using my glue gun. I really enjoyed doing a canvas again and am glad that I was able to scrap yet another photo from my holidays. I was so enchanted with the sunsets on the coast that I am already planning a trip back next year!! But this time I am going for a month! 

All the best! :)

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful canvas! Love all the details.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting and creative project! So many flowers - it is very beautiful!!!
    Thanks for playing at 7 Dots Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is just wonderful, beautiful sunset! Thank you for joining us at 7 Dots Studio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so beautiful ! Thanks for playing with us at 7dots studio challenge

    ReplyDelete