Translate

Saturday 28 April 2012

11 Alison-OUAS

This month over at OUAS the sketch challenge was to document something related to home. For me this hit hard as I am at the very end of resolving the dissolution of my childhood home after my mom's passing last year. It has been incredibly difficult to come to terms with the knowledge that I can no longer go "home" for a break or to visit mom. 
This was home for over forty years.
 You can see my trailer on the left as I moved my mother's belongings out. In front of the house to the left by the window is a lantern my parents had put in many many years ago and whenever one of us was out the lantern stayed on until we were safely  home. I remember my mom flicking the lantern on and off whenever my date brought me home, her way of saying okay no funny business time to come in! I have a very diffcult time sharing my feelings about saying goodbye so I hid the journaling on the back so that one day my children can read my thoughts. To this day I have been unable to return to this street to 11 Alison Avenue in Cambridge instead I choose to close my eyes and remember home in my heart. I added the DA lantern even though it wasn't in the sketch as it holds so much meaning to me!
A close-up of my flower cluster. Thanks for looking and taking a trip down memory lane with me. Have a terrific weekend!


5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colors and beautiful page! Thanks so much for joining us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful page! Tks. for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful work!! Love how you cluster your flowers and all the feminine touches and layers are wonderful! Love your blog too - all of your layouts have the most fantastic photos with which to scrap! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much love, sentiment and heart has gone into this beauty of a project. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful creation with us at OUAS
    Beautiful, BEAUTIFUL page!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty page!
    Thanks for visit and nice comments on my blog hop!

    ReplyDelete