Translate

Tuesday 25 September 2012

Augusta


 Augusta is based on the Character Augusta Wyndham from the novel The Summer Before the Storm by Gabriele Wills. One day I walked into our local book store and asked the owner to suggest a good summer read. She recommended The Summer Before the Storm the first in a trilogy of books written about a wealthy Canadian family who have a vacation home in Muskoka. I became enthralled. Recognizing all the places mentioned in the novel brought it closer to home even though the time frame of the story takes place between 1912-1914. Before I had even finished the first book I ran out and bought the second one Elusive Dawn. I recently had the priviledge of meeting the author Gabriele Wills on a Boat Cruise/Book Signing Tour of Lake Muskoka. Some of the guests actually came in costume from the time period of the novel and I had the good fortune of being able to photograph them (with their permission of course!). This photo so reminded me of the matriarch of the family Augusta Wyndham that I had to scrap it and Graphic 45's Ladies Diary was the perfect match! I didn't put my usual overkill of flowers and embellishments on the page as I really wanted the picture to be the focal point. There will definitely be more layouts coming based on the novel, it's characters and my journey through time with them! TFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment