Translate

Thursday 20 June 2013

A Star is Born



My grilfriend's daughter Sydney during a photoshoot. She so reminded me of Shirley Temple I thought  this pic was so adorable and yet she is so shy! I used Bo Bunny's Little Miss line love these papers.
The frame is from Harmonie a Canadian scrapbooking company that specializes mostly in stamps but has some chipboard. I painted it white then thinking I wanted it to stand out more I heat embossed it with some Metallic Brown Zing embossing powder. It's really hard to see the finish but I wanted it to look more vintage, what I hadn't taken into consideration was the huge mess. Oh well live and learn and experimenting is what it's all about! The title was plain Thickers chipboard which I painted brown then added sparkles and then gloss to help it harden and get the shine I wanted.

 I used a flower tutorial from Lisa Gregory's blog ( http://www.what-a-beautiful-mess.blogspot.ca/2010/10/swirly-sweetheart-daisy.html) to make the two daisys. I try to make at least a couple of flowers out of the paper that goes with the line for my layouts as well as some from Prima or Petaloo to mix it up. There are a few metal embellishment pieces in there as well the heart, the trinket from Bo Bunny and the little flower from Petaloo which I added Pink liquid pearls to in order to make it stand out more.

Well it's been a long day out in the sun trying to get my gardens under control. I'm scorched and pooped. This is my pond one of six garden beds I have.


I'll never be done! A work in progress. Be Well!

No comments:

Post a Comment