Translate

Friday 18 April 2014

Luv 2 Dance Maja Design Mood Board April


 A layout I did for the April Maja Design Mood Board. Another Kisses for Keaton layout featuring both Mika and Kiki. I love how adorable these two look in their little tutus! I used papers from both the Vintage Summer & Vintage Spring lines.
This is the mood board. I chose to go with the pinks and purples.
I ran into a bit of trouble when searching for chipboard that would match the photo
 the way I wanted. So I dragged out my trusty Silhouette and cut out two different ballerina designs. Then I traced them onto chipboard and cut them out. Granted they are not laser cut but they came out alright. I primed them with Gesso and then decorated them. This is the pink one. I stamped her legs to give the impression of stockings. The top is Maja paper and the skirt  is some ribbon I had in my stash as is the headband.
This one I did in purple to keep the page consistent. Same scenario used Maja paper for the top. I actually stamped and heat embossed the design. The skirt is made from Webster's pages trim. The stockings were stamped on and I used some bling for the necklace and headband. 
 I had this ballerina dangling a pair of ballet slippers from her hand over the picture for a little added interest. You can also see that I used a mask and some moulding paste around the picture and in the corners of the page.
My flower cluster. I have a tendency to always make at least one flower out of the paper I am using. I wanted a big flower for this page to help offset the pink. I surrounded the big flower with various flowers from all over my room! In the corner you can see a Prima rose resin.
I used American Thickers sparkle Alphas for this layout. Again you can see a little bit of the moulding paste in the corner.
The second part of the title. This photo also shows how I stitched little pink beads all around the layout. Thought it looked cute! And that brings the layout to an end.
But
 I wanted to say that even though I feel like something the cat dragged in (still fighting that nasty bug) I did manage to make it to Scrapfest in Kitchener last weekend! Love the shopping and I got to meet some of my idols! lol Well they are!
 
 Proof that I did go! lol
The lovely Agnieszka Bellaidea to my left and the amazing Keren Tamir to my right. Agnieszka taught a canvas class that I took.
 
The awesome Karen Ellis (no relation) from The Art Shoppe Studio in Cambridge and Waterloo. She sells the most amazing selection of stencils and mixed media mediums. If you live in the area it's definitely worth a trip to her store. She has such an awesome outgoing personality. So glad we finally got to connect after several near misses.
Thank-you ladies it was nice to see you all!
Well that's it for me today. Already tired :( I will be spending Easter at home by myself resting as I still can't eat much and find long trips taxing. Maybe i'll do a little scrapping :) Have a terrific long weekend and Happy Easter!
All the best! :)

1 comment:

  1. Super cute page Pam!! the lil ballarina's are such a fun accent to your photo! And how lovely to see all your smiling faces at Scrapfest! xo

    ReplyDelete