Translate

Monday 27 April 2015

Seize the day

Decided to do a "man" page as hubby was getting jealous of all the layouts being done of the girls, grand kids but none of him :( Muffin :(
Well here is my first attempt at a masculine page. My husband John on one of his favorite toys. Actually it is one of my favorites as well I just don't let him know that! I was somewhat inspired by Dusty Attic's Mood Board.
The blues stood out for me and the words Awakening and Enchanted. For me when we go out on the bike down all the back roads of Muskoka you are surrounded by beauty. It's like stepping into another world where often you are alone with nature. Watching a sunset or often following the sunset is amazing! This is why I love to ride!
I used Maja Designs Vintage Autum papers for the most part I think there is some Coffee in the Arbour as well. Okay even some Vintage Summer. I used my trusty brick mask and put up a wall. Then I added a brick or two from Dusty Attic and a piece of the empty frame to add texture to the wall. I also used Dusty Attic's new Heart Frames for this layout.
The background was inked with a cobalt blue mister from 13@rts and then stamped. Love the chains from Dusty Attic as well.
I used the actual zipper out of a pair of John's jeans to add the little cluster of interest at the top left. Again another mask and some moulding paste. I went over the hearts with Lindy's Stamp Gang mist in Delight Denim. The chains were misted, dried then embossed with some Lindy's embossing powder in slate blue.
The title was done first with gesso, then painted with Delight Denim mist a few times! I let it dry then went over it again with the mist. I dried it. then I applied some crackling medium over it and let it dry over night. The next day I went over the title with a chalker from Prima Old Road and then used a moist baby wipe to wipe the ink off so that it only stayed in the cracks.
So that's my first man page but definitely not my last bike page as well you see
My hubby has an addiction!! These are his babies (summer ones)! When I ask him how many bikes does a person need he says to me "How many days in the week are there or the month?" Smart#@*(!
He still owns the two on the right as well as the Ultraglide so we get out often! Welcome to my life! I am happy to say he is finally going to sell these two!! Anyone want to buy a bike? :)
All the best!

6 comments:

  1. what a fantastic "Man page" love your take on this and the wall looks super cool :) Thanks for playing along at Dusty Attic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes....men and their egos, eh??!!!! I reckon he'd be thrilled with this page [& of course, scrapping him with one of his Beloved!!!]...the bricks...lovely; the zipper...genius.....the DA goodies...fabulously used! Thanks so much for sharing with us this month at Dusty Attic:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love everything about this LO,Stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great LO! Love all the texture and it looks like a real masculne page though you said its your fiest attempt- great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Pam! I can't believe this is your first masculine layout - you nailed it! Thanks for joining us at The Dusty Attic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, we do heaps of feminine layouts but not enough masculine ones. I love your awesome LO, & the bikes too! :)

    ReplyDelete