Translate

Saturday 18 April 2015

Smile

I was unable to attend our family Easter dinner this year. Knowing that I was down and out about it my daughter and granddaughters Lilly & Emily sent me some selfies to cheer me up. I loved the pics so much I decided to scrap them using my new kit from My Creative Scrapbook! The LE kit had the gorgeous Blue Fern papers from their Love Story line perfect for these pics! 
 I decided to play around with some mixed media mediums on this round. I seem to be in the mood to make messes lately! I gessoed the background then added some texture with a Prima doily stencil and some moulding paste.
I added some drywall tape and the new Heart Attack chippie from Dusty Attic. I then went around with a few other stencils and added some more moulding paste. Then the misting began!
I used a bunch of colors. Salt Water Taffy from Lindy's Stamp gang was the predominant color then came Tattered Angels in Mel's Diner, Rum Punch, Candy Apple Red and Starfish. I also went around the page and did some stamping with small stamps from 7Dots Studio.
Another close-up of the masking and misting. Love this new chippie from Dusty!
To break it up at bit I misted the smaller chippies from various Prima lines with Prima's Gold Foil Color Bloom Mist as well as Tattered Angels Fern for the leaves. The bigger flowers are from Petaloo (I love their Botanica line!) and the smaller ones from Prima.
That's it for me today. So much to do and so little time! Have a great weekend! All the best! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment