Translate

Sunday 1 October 2017

blesed

 This month's challenge at More Than Words was Delicate fabrics. The word inspiration is delicate and the artistic challenge is Fabrics. As you can see I went with lace. 
 I choose this photo of my oldest daughter Ashley with my newest grandson Hudson. This was taken shortly after his birth. To me there is nothing more delicate and fragile than a new life. And this cutie is so photogenic you will be seeing much more of him on my blog! 
This is the Moodboard on our blog at More Than Words.


I choose to add lace to this layout because it is also so soft and delicate. I ran some generic lace along the bottom and top of the page. I used Maja Design's Vintage Baby papers for this layout. They are perfect for boys and girls. 
I added Prima's lace with bling to the side of the photo. I did a bit of hand stitching along some of the sides of the papers. 
For added interest I did some stenciling with a stencil from 13@rts and snowflake paste. A small Tim Holtz gumdrop finished off perfectly.
The frame and title are of course from Dusty Attic. I tried to distress the frame to make it look old. I used some Lindy's mists on it then went over it with their white chalk mist. When it dried I added some Prima Clear crackle texture paste in order to make it peel and obtain that vintage look. 
I fussy cut around the frame so that I could add my layers of papers underneath. The flowers are old ones from my stash.
I hope you enjoyed this quick peek and hope you join our challenge this month!! We have so many awesome goodies up for grabs!!! 
In the meantime I must start getting to my East Coast holiday pic!!
See you soon!
All the best! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment