Translate

Saturday 4 August 2018

Memories-August Challenge at More Than Words

This month at More Than Words we were feeling a little nostalgic as we worked on our pieces based on this month's theme of Yesterday and Black & White or Sepia photos. I choose to scrap a photo that is very near and dear to me, my parent's formal wedding portrait.
This is the mood board we used for this month's challenge.

I used papers from the In the Mood Collection by Blue Fern Studios. I love how the subtle pinks and browns add to that vintage feel.
I added some damask masking and stamping to add a more aged look to the page.
I also used Blue Fern's Tattered New stamp for the same effect.
It' so hard to see it here but the background is heat embossed using a damask stamp and Wedding Glitter embossing powder.
Flower clusters are composed of both Prima and 49 & Market flowers.
Another cluster. Along with my chipboard title.
Another chipboard embellishment, also from blue Fern. I tend to use much of one product line when completing a project. It just flows so much better when you are working with "like" things.
A view showing my paper layers and a printed chipboard piece also from In the Mood Collection.
I cut my chipboard into two pieces to use it to it's maximum benefit. Inside this piece I added some glass colored Seedlings. 
And a random shot from the side showing the various layers.
That completes this layout . I hope you enjoyed. I do hope to have a bigger presence on my blog in the near future. It's just at the moment I am flooded with other commitments. Bear with me pleasr!
All the best! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment