Translate

Thursday 1 November 2018

Live in the Moment

Back again with another layout for you! I just got some photos from my daughter of my two eldest grandchildren and I had to scrap them! A few days ago I scrapped a photo of Lilly my oldest grandchild as a wee baby. Here she is now at 11 yrs old with her sister Emily.
Once again I turned to my trusty kit from My Creative Scrapbook Kit Club. This time I used the August Limited Edition Kit featuring 49 and Market papers and flowers. I am working backwards thru my kits lol. I was in a bit of a slump creatively and everything else in my life was chaotic as well. My lung was collapsing, issues with kids etc. . . I didn't have it in me to do a page. I am so glad to be back on track! I hope!!
I used the bottom of the paper (that you usually cut off and throw away) as my title. Live in the moment seemed appropriate for this photo of these two gems goofing about on the beach.
I used diecut pieces from 49 & Market Sweet Reflections laser cuts. These are awesome pre-cut pieces that match the papers perfectly. The blooms are from Prima and 49 & Market.

I used a Heidi Swapp stencil on my background (this also came in the kit) and then went over the pattern with Shimmery Goodness from TCW. Unfortunately you can't see the shine from this angle but it does look amazing up close.I also used a 3-D embellishment from 49 & Market  with the birdcage. Also some of the flowers came from the Wings & Things layered die-cut embellishments.
I fussy cut some flowers to mat around my photo. Aren't they gorgeous?!
Another close-up of the background work. I also used Perfect Pearls in Lilac to add some dimension to my page. And a little stamping of course!
Flower cluster and  Prills from the Scrapbook Diaries. I absolutely love the worn shabby look of these papers and found this page so easy to put together! It makes such a difference when you have co-ordinating elements to work with!!

Well that's another day done! I have to decide what to work on next. Hopefully I will see you soon! Thanks for dropping by.
All the best! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment