Translate

Monday 19 November 2018

Christmas Day

I've never been one to scrap Christmas photos. It's not that I don't want to it's just that I get overwhelmed with all the gorgeous options to choose from. I usually pull everything out then end up putting it back because I can't decide. Well it's long past time to get over my indecisiveness!! So here is my first Christmas project of this season (might be the only one lol).
My gorgeous daughter Jessie and grandson Jaxon. Although the photo is a few years old I absolutely love it and knew this was one of the first I needed to scrap! For this project I used Blue Fern's  Vintage Christmas 1 & 2. It breaks my heart that Leslie had to sell Blue Fern. I have been a fan of theirs since they first came out. I hope and pray that this brings her the well deserved reprieve she so deserves! Good luck Leslie and Kev! You are in my heart always!
I wanted this photo to look like an ornament so I used this frame also Blue Fern. I cut it in half to maximize it's use. I heat embossed it with Ginger embossing Powder from Blue Fern. It is definitely a Blue Fern project.
The bottom half of the frame along with some blooms from 49 & Market.
Sadly this doesn't glitter at all but in real life it is full of sparkle. I heat embossed some drywall tape as well as did some stenciling and stamping around the photo.
I dry brushed some gesso on my blooms and other embellishments to imitate a snowy look.
Another little flower cluster.
I used some Perfect Pearls to add some glitter to this fussy cut tree.
My babies :)

I am working on another seasonal layout as I impatiently wait for my kit from My Creative Scrapbook to arrive. Thanks Canada Post for being such exemplary dickheads right before the Christmas season. Grr better not start.

See you soon!
All the best! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment