Translate

Wednesday 12 January 2022

You are Simply the Cheeriest!

Greetings! It has been quite some time since I've last posted anything. I think I am suffering from Covid fatigue and depression. This pandemic has for me personally left me feeling down and discouraged. The endless number counts, testing problems, vaccine or anti-vaccine it just seems so out of control for being over two years into this mess now. I know I am definitely not alone in my "despair" and need to find a way back to looking forward to the day rather than "surviving" it. So I decided to enter this month's sketch challenge over at My Creative Scrapbook Kit Club.

This is the sketch:

And this is my take on the sketch.
My two oldest grandchildren Lilly and Emily.
I prepped my page with clear gesso. I then added a few of the branches using the stencil that came with the kit. I colored it with Lindy's mists and some distress glitter from Tim Holtz. I then added an ephemera branch and a piece of Blue Fern Chipboard colored with white paint and glitter. I topped this out with a poinsetta from the ephemera pack. I did this in three of the four corners.
I used a piece of Ephemera for my title. Love the ephemera packs!

A final close-up.

I have already started a new page and hope to get my groove back. I promised myself that no matter how much I like or dislike my project I will post them. hopefully with time I will feel more confident again and the creativity will come back. I hope that you are all doing well and staying as safe as possible in these trying times. As my mother always used to say "This too shall pass". Lets hope!

All the best! :)







 

No comments:

Post a Comment