Translate

Sunday 18 August 2013

The Kiss-Limited Edition @My Creative Scrapbook

 I was happily working away on my advent calendar, got it stained, put together, made all the little boxes go to do the Christmas trees and find out that my bottle of Ferro has dried out completely! :( Damn I was on a roll so in light of that setback I decided to scrap a random picture while I wait for my Ferro to come in the mail (sigh). This is my husband and I on our wedding day sealing our vows with The Kiss. It was a gorgeous ceremony held outside at Inn At the Falls in Bracebridge (a haunted inn in fact!) The weather was just perfect and you can see just a bit of the beauty that is Muskoka in the background of the pic.
I tried using drywall tape for the first time. I have a lot to learn! :) I used various papers from the kit and made a border along the left side of the page. I used Liquid Pearls to add centres to my punched flower border.
My Prima flowers that were included in the kit and some DA in there as well in the leaves around the big flower and the small flourish peeking out from under the blooms.
I had a mishap with my journaling so I had to come up with something that would fit in underneath the title. I used a frame from the Prima Divine collection and some rubons to mark the date of our wedding. The rose is from Dusty Attic (Rose Stem DA0661). I painted it white first then inked it using Tim Holtz inks and pens. I gave it a quick spritz of Gold Shimmer Spritz.
I am having fun experimenting with my masks. This one is from Prima and I used Golden moulding paste. I lightly sprayed it with Pearl Shimmer Mist. I wanted to keep it subtle.

This shows the masking on the top of the page. I tried to make corners with the mask and am still not sure if I am going to maybe add a dab more color to it. Well time is running out for me with this engagement album I've been working on so I am off to do another page of the future bride (while I wait for the Ferro to come in). Enjoy the beautiful day out there but watch out for the sun! Did a few hours of gardening and came in looking like a rock lobster! All the best!

1 comment:

  1. Such a great page! Love your stenciling .. and what a sweet photo!

    ReplyDelete