Translate

Sunday 2 December 2018

Home for the holidays

Hello everyone! I am here today to bring you a wintery layout to help inspire you (more like myself) to get into the holiday season!
  I was inspired by the uber talented Tartine Peluche when I did this layout. I love how she creates layer upon layer it looks so amazing! And while I will never have her talent I really enjoyed putting this one together. I plan to put it in a shadow box and hang it for the holidays! I used mostly Blue Fern products. The papers are Vintage Christmas and Vintage Christmas 2. 
 Top left corner we have an adorable reindeer flair from Cuts2luv (they have so many adorable flairs for every occasion). The white flowers are both from Blue Fern collections and the red and green are from 49 & Market.
 I used some chipboard on this layout all from Blue Fern. The berries are called berry stems and I backed my photo with the snowflake frame. I heat embossed them with a glitter embossing powder then used Perfect Pearls in red and Stickles in red to give the berries more texture. You can also see a piece of printed chipboard frame peeking out here.

 For my background I did some heat embossing with stamps to give the page more glitter as well as used Blue Fern stamps with black archival ink to give it more depth. I then went over it all with a stencil and some snow paste. The snowflake also Blue Fern from the Shabby flakes pack. A gem in the middle was the perfect finishing touch. I also heat embossed drywall tape to match my papers. This was another great trick I learned from Tartine Peluche!
 Another close-up different vantage point. You can also see another piece of printed chipboard beside my photo. These pieces make great embellishments!
 My title. Here you can also see that I used seedlings in Flaming Red as well as some Art Stones from Prima Marketing. 
 More blooms 
Last close-up the flower cluster on the bottom right. Again a mix of flowers and another adorable flair from Cuts2luv. I added the lacey teal bloom from Petaloo to bring more color to the cluster as well as a berry from my stash. I'll be honest I am not a fan of winter but I so enjoyed doing this wintery layout. 

That's it for now. Hope to see you soon!
All the best! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment