Translate

Saturday 26 January 2019

An Epic Life

Good morning and welcome to my blog. Today I have a layout done with this month's Limited Edition Kit from My Creative Scrapbook Kit Club. This month's kit featured the gorgeous Lavender Frost Collection from Prima.
Meet Meet Mervyne Greene, my former father-in-law. Now well into his eighties he has led an extraordinary life. Having fought in two wars (consequently being shot in one of them) he is a well travelled man. After the army he settled into civilian life where he raised his four children with a disciplined hand. He lost his wife to cancer at the age of 33 and was left to raise his four children alone. He later remarried and added two more children to his brood. He has a very dry and somewhat warped sense of humor and we are forever bound to each other by our love and grief over the loss of the same man, his son James who we lost at the age of 42 to cancer. He now battles yet another insidious enemy Alzheimer's Disease.This page is for his granddaughter Jessie who has a deep and profound bound with her grandfather.
I used the gorgeous stamp set that came with the kit and stamped some white cardstock with embossing ink. I then heat embossed two frames with Ginger from Blue Fern Studios to get that old goldy look to it and then fussy cut the frames out. I used several layers of different papers to back my photo.
I inked my background with Iced Spruce Distress Oxide Ink from Tim Holtz. I then used a lace stencil from Finnibar to add some texture with molding paste. I went over the masked areas with my ink pad directly to get a darker pigment of ink. A little stamping with black Archival Ink and I was done.
I used some Art Stones for some extra texture on the page.
I used the Prima blooms that came with the kit. I just loved the little flower spray! I also love that Prima now includes little vellum sheets with their flower packs which you can easily use on your project. All the blooms in the kit are matched to the paper making embellishing your page a breeze!
I printed out my title and backed it with some leftover paper from the bottom of one of the pages. I also stamped a few goldy leaves with the stamp set that came in the kit. I love this photo. I see so many things in his face I could go on forever. It saddens me to see such a larger than life person succumb to this horrible illness. I can only pray for him and take comfort in the fact that his legacy will live on in his granddaughter.
Hope you are having a great day and I hope to see you soon with some great news!!
All the best! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment