Translate

Thursday 3 January 2019

With You

My youngest daughter Jessie is a true dog whisperer. Her love of dogs and cats and birds lol goes far beyond the norm. She makes unique connections with almost every animal she has met. She had adopted a pitbull or rescued is a better term from a bad situation. She loved this dog beyond words. Rufus was quite the character. Never would you find a more timid dog who gave back as much love as you gave him. Sadly Jessie had to put Rufus down and has felt the loss since that day almost 2 years ago. I've decided to make Jess an album mostly of Rufus but also of my two labs whom she also adored and who we also lost. This is one of my favorite pics of Jess and Roo.
 The papers from the November kit from My Creative Scrapbook Kit Club were a perfect match. I have fallen in love with Georgia Blues from Prima and think i'll be using these papers over and over again!
I wanted to keep the layout simple mostly because these papers are too gorgeous to clutter up! I did some background coloring a little stenciling and heat embossing to get my desired effect.
I used a Prima die to cut a doily for my backing as well as a few pieces from the paper line. I didn't want to use too much as the gorgeous Dusty Attic frame would cover most of it. I primed the frame with Gesso then painted it using Art Alchemy Opal Magic paint in Blue-Gold. I then brushed it lightly with some Artisan Powder in a clay color then as a final touch covered it with Crackle Accents to get that "old" look. I really like how it turned out.
I didn't want the page to be too bulky so I fussy cut some elements to frame the photo and used just a few matching flowers from the Georgia Blues line to finish it off.
I used a piece from the Emphemera pack as my title. "With You" says it all and was the perfect finish. I expect to have quite a few layouts in this album so keeping it to a minimum with embellishments is a must but oh so hard to do!
Well that's it for me today. It is a very bad pain day so I must keep sitting to a minimum. I hope you like my project and plan on seeing you soon! One of my New Year's Resolutions was to do more layouts without feeling guilty about spending time in my scrap room! Let's see how I do over the next few months!
All the best! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment