Translate

Friday 15 February 2019

Curious Hudson

 Today I have something different for you. Part of my New Years Resolution was to use up more of my stash. My shelves are overflowing with papers that I hoarded partly because they were beautiful and I didn't want to ruin them or simply because another line came out before I had a chance to use the papers and they were pushed back in the line. So today I give you one of my favorites from Basic Grey called Oliver. This line is absolutely fantastic for scrapping little boy or even big boy photos for that matter. 
Look at those sweet baby blues! This is Hudson my youngest grandson. He is absolutely scrumptious and quite the character. 
I backed my photo with several different papers. Then I used the little train sticker
 as a pop-up embellishment. When you bought Basic Grey papers in a kit format they came with a sheet of thick stickers and a matching sheet of Alphas. These work perfectly for embellishing your page.
This line has adorable little monkeys throughout which was perfect as I always call Hudson my little monkey.I fussy cut this little guy from one of the papers.
For my blooms I used Prima flowers and customized one of the burlap ones with a brad from the Oliver line. I used a Blue Fern chipboard frame which I heat embossed then cut up to surround my photo to add more dimension.
My background is done with a Prima mask and some Lindy's Stamp Gang mists matching the colors of the papers. I tried to outline the stenciling but my hands are not what they used to be with my neck difficulties.Sadly it did not come out the way I wanted but learn from your mistakes I guess.
I used some Prima Art Stones (misted in red) to add more texture to my page.
A little photo tag added to the picture was a cute little touch. Basic Grey always had wonderful embellishments to compliment their paper lines from printed chipboard rubons, brads to stickers and photo tags. My title is partly a rubon! 

I have quite a few lines from Basic Grey so be ready for some more "vintage" reveals!
All the best! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment