Translate

Monday 29 January 2018

Beach Walk-Fan of the Month Blue Fern Studios

Today is my last day as Blue Fern fan of the month for January but I will continue to be an avid fan of Blue Fern forever! My last layout was done using the Seaside collection (one of my personal favs!). 
 This is a photo taken this past September while on holiday with my hubby and pup Bruiser (so suitably named!). Taken on the shores of the Atlantic Ocean in Pictou, Nova Scotia, it was our first holiday in 15 years! 
 I used the Seashell frame for my photo. Again I cut the chipboard, I swear there are times I don't! I primed it with Gesso then had fun heat embossing it with a variety of embossing powders. (Honey, Sage, Glistening Waves, Seven Seas, Ginger and Coral) You can see in my background that I did some stencil and misting work to try and match the papers to my photo.
 I also used a starfish from the Nautical pieces as well as some seashells I picked up from the beach while we were there. I wanted some real momentos on my page. The vial from Tim Holtz also holds beach sand from the shores of Caribou Monroe Provincial Park. 
 I used coral embossing powder for my title. It worked with the page so well. A few melanges from Prima were also included for some added interest.
 Along the bottom of my page I mixed Art Stones in some Gel medium and added them to my page. I then misted them again to try and match the sandy color of the paper and my photo. I added some paper layers behind my photo and fussy cut a ilttle flower cluster to run along the side of my photo. You get a good close up of Bruiser here. It was his first holiday and I have to admit he was amazing to travel with. He was a saint on the long drives but a terror on the beach! He loved running in the ocean. He just didn't know when to stop and needless to say shortly after this photo I ended up bruised and wet from his wanting to "play" lol.
Again more shells from the beach and Prima embellishments including an anchor from Frank Garcia's St. Tropez collection. The blooms are lilies from both the Harvest and Wanderer lines. 
 And finally the last close up of my split title. It actually said A Walk on the Beach but I wanted to shorten it. That's one of the many things I love about Blue Fern's chipboard, it's adaptable! And another little starfish from Prima.

That is it. My final piece as Fan of the Month. I would like to thank Valerie and Leslie from Blue Fern Studios for giving me the opportunity to showcase my work with their gorgeous products. I have been a fan of Blue Fern since it's inception and think I will continue to be for a very long time! It's be fun! Thanks for coming by and I hope to see you soon!
All the best! :)


2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this! Your LO is brilliant - I particularly love the texture and dimension, it just drew me in straight away (as did Bruiser!) My dog loves to play in the ocean too, and she never wants to come out. Thank you for your kind comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect inspiration :) and what attention to detail! I admire and congratulate.

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete