Translate

Monday 22 January 2018

You are my Inspiration Blue Fern Fan of the month January

 This is my third layout as Blue Fern's Fan of the Month for January. I choose to scrap this photo of my mom at 18. My mother and I had a precarious relationship through out my earlier years. We often clashed and I became the rebellious blacksheep of the family. When my father was diagnosed with cancer I moved back in with my parents to care for him fulltime. He passed after only four months. Three months later my mother was diagnosed with reoccurring breast cancer. For the last three years of her life I was her everything. Nurse, cook, maid. In that last year our relationship changed and we became best friends. My mom shared things with me that no one else knew. We had movie marathon nights binge eating sweets from the bakery. We stayed up late and talked and slept late everyday. I stayed by her side through every procedure and in the end advocated for her to die with dignity. My mother passed away in my arms on May 5th 2011. I will forever be changed by the experience of being her caregiver. Most of all I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to get to really know my mom and take care of her in return for all the support she gave me throughout my life. She is my Inspiration! I miss you mom, so very much! 
I used the Remnants line for this layout. 
I used the Faded Bloom chipboard and cut it in half placing one bloom at either end of my photo. I used Nighsky embossing powder for the flower and a Lindy's light green for the leaves. 
I also used some Printed chipboard on this piece. I took the two burgundy frames from the sheet and separated them. I tucked one under each corner the added some Purple Haze Seedlings in the corner for added texture. I then painted my title You are my Inspiration" in Dark Velvet metallic paint from Finnibar. Again I cut the title and placed each piece upon the faded blooms to pull the layout in a bit.
I cut various papers into tags to build layers behind my photo. I misted a ribbon in Lindy's ink to match the papers. I also did some stamping and heat embossing on the page using Garden Frolic and Butterfly stamps from Blue Fern.
Another printed chippie that speaks volumes as to how I feel about my mom. A little purple glitter from my stash was also added.
I used the Remnants Florals to embellish this page. The colors worked perfectly.
A close up of the Printed Chippie and Seedlings.
Final close-up of my blooms. I used the following products from Blue Fern:

Papers:
Vignette
Chancery Lane
Highgate
Bloomsbury

Chipboard:
Faded Blooms
You are my Inspiration

Seedlings:
Purple Haze

Embossing Powder:
Nightsky

Printed Chipboard

Flowers:
Remnants Florals

Stamps:
Garden Frolic
Butterfly

That is it for my layout for today. 
and BY THE WAY!!!

Did you hear the great news??? Blue Fern Studios has gone Retail!!!
 That's right now you can buy you're favorite Blue Fern Supplies directly from their new Retail Store!! This is heaven for me. No more scouring different stores to find what I need!! The announcement came out last week on the Blue Fern Fanatics Facebook page!! Check it out!!

Well that's it for me for now! I will be back next week with another Blue Fern layout from a different line! I hope you come and visit!
All the best! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment