Translate

Saturday 16 February 2019

Born to be Wild-Blue Fern Studios Design Team

Did you see it? On my sidebar? Yep it's true I made the Blue Fern Studios Design Team!!! I am so over the moon happy at reaching one of my personal goals this year.I have loved Blue Fern since their inception which is obvious in my galleries. With that being said I would like to show you my first project as a designer for Blue Fern! Yep going to be repeating that for awhile :)
 This is one of my all time favourite photos of my grandson Jaxon. My little man growing up.It's one of those timeless photos that you can't stop looking at. I decided to use the Remnant Collection to scrap this as it complimented the photo perfectly.
 
I had trouble matching flowers to this page so I made some and enhanced a couple from Blue Fern. I used Blue Fern papers to build the largest two blooms. I used the white flowers from Apricot Blooms added a faint trace of Lindy's Stamp Gang Mist to the center and finished them off with Purple Haze Seedlings. The brownish looking roses are from Heartland Roses & Blooms (again misted). I stamped some leaves on the B side of the Westfield paper and added some Tickled Seedlings for added texture.
 I used several different papers to add layers to my background. I used a Prima mask and added some moulding paste. I lightly misted the page with some Lindy's Stamp Gang mists and stamped the background with two Blue Fern Stamps, Tattered Newsprint and Grungy Grid. I used Blue Fern's Cogs & Gears Chipboard to embellish this page. I find boy pages more challenging to do. The cogs and gears work well with the motorcycle.
 Another close-up of the chipboard with Seedlings.
 Paper layers with mist and moulding paste.
 My title is also Blue Fern Chipboard. (Their chipboard makes great titles) I tried several things with this piece. First I primed it then heat embossed it with Ginger (a gold color) it didn't work with the page. Then I painted it a dark purple and that didn't work. Finally I added some Red Wine Sparkles to it and that was the final answer. 
A piece from the Painted Chipboard set.
The Tickled Pink Seedlings on my stamped leaves . That's  it for my first project. I hope you enjoyed. I know that I will do my very best to showcase the beautiful products Blue Fern makes. I will be back later this month with another Blue Fern design! 
All the best! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment